SIG is seeking a Software Developer to join the team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm’s highly distributed, high performance order routing system for equities, options and futures. In this position you will have the opportunity to work closely with traders and other technical teams. You will be engaging the complete SDLC and the majority of development will be in C++ on Linux.
If you join this team, you will:
- Research, design, develop and test software components and applications in a heterogeneous technology environment using knowledge of object oriented programming and C++/Linux
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, cost, and performance constraints
- Engage in problem definition, decomposition, and solutions definition within the scope of the application and the run-time environment
- Take a holistic view of systems and understand how the hardware, networking, and middleware layers integrate with software components
SIG Engineers Are:
- Able to execute on ideas quickly
- Committed to innovation
- Focused on the entire technical stack with an eye for building a stable, scalable, optimized environment with minimized risk
- Passionate about technology and interested in exploring new technologies to find the optimal solution
- Strong object oriented software developers
Who We Are
SIG is a proprietary trading firm that’s dependent on a strong and creative technology team. We sit next to our stakeholders, allowing for a quick feedback cycle and a firsthand look at how our user interacts with our product. We value decision making and asking questions, and we pride ourselves on the fact that working at SIG is more than just a job.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent plus 5 years of progressive experience developing software applications is required. Relevant technical experience may substitute for education.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, free-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and who has the ability to propose creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of Object oriented design and software development in a high-performance / high throughput environment using C++ (preferably in a Linux environment) is required
- Experience with .NET or Java preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and an appreciation for the balance between the perfect technical solution and time to market considerations
- Ability to take ownership of projects and assume the responsibility for success
- Provide innovative ideas to improve the ability of our systems and our team