We're looking for an engineer who can help us wrangle complex systems and automate the f*$& out of our operations.
As our third engineering hire, you'll work directly with the CTO and with many different groups within the organization. You'll have a tremendous amount of influence, the ability to make a huge impact, and be expected to work on many different projects. There's no red tape. We're a small team, and we move fast.
What we're looking for
- Experience working with complexity. Good code design in the right places is one of the best levers you have as an engineer. But bad design in the wrong places… ouch.
- Ability to deal with the chaos and ambiguity of a startup. Things change, surprises happen. There will be uncertainties in and out of our control. Our job is to ship product and keep the money flowing.
- Attention to detail. You can't build a great product without being good about the details, whether it's behind the scenes or in the user's face. We value UX and will go the extra mile to make our product easy, which usually makes implementation harder.
Some example projects
We're a full stack startup. Because of our need to control the user experience and keep our unit costs low, we're very vertically integrated. Some examples of projects you could be working on:
- Fun banking software. We've built our own money management tools to handle $70M investments from 85k transactions. Securities regulations add extra fun.
- Campaign Admin Tools. Periodically we'll need to make changes to live campaigns and file updates with the SEC. Tools would streamline this and allow the ops team to do without Engineer's help.
- Support Dashboard. We want to build better tools for support, allowing them to deal with a wider variety of user issues.
- Expert in Ruby on Rails or similar toolset (like django or Node). We're a Rails shop, but deep expertise in a web development framework speaks louder than rough familiarity with our preferred toolset.
- Experience scaling operations or building automations.
- Experience with payments, security, or "compliance"-type problems.
- Scaled systems with 100k/1m/10m/100m/1b transactions.
- You enjoy customer support and working with investors and founders.
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We've taken two train trips across the country.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.