Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are a skilled developer with a passion for scalable and reliable systems, code quality, and engineering efficiency. As a Software Engineer focusing on Tools and Infrastructure, you will ensure the high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team, by building the frameworks and tools needed by software engineers and data scientists to thoroughly validate, deploy, and monitor their code. In this role, you will be a champion for best practices and a quality mentor to the rest of the engineering organization. A successful candidate will be a well-rounded engineer with experience in systems automation and tool development, who thrives when solving diverse technical problems in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain tools used by engineering for monitoring, event collection, and downtime tracking
- Develop deployment and automation tools to manage a rapidly growing number of services
- Drive improvements in security, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems (hardware, software, applications, and network)
- Develop continuous integration systems and test frameworks
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong coding experience in Java, Python, C/C++, or Go
- Strong scripting skills in Shell or another common language
- Experience with monitoring/graphing tools including InfluxDB/OpenTSDB, Grafana, ELK stack
- Knowledge of IP networking, network analysis, performance and application issues
- 3+ years of tools development experience
- Natural curiosity, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership