In this role you will:
- Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
- Execute the quality guidelines and deliver high quality tools with regards to SW layout, performance, output, stability, and usability.
- Applyagile techniques to deliver high quality software.
- Execute/follow-up on test plan of the delivered software.
- Perform follow-up on validation efforts for the development software.
- Steer the architecture of the system together with the analysis team.
- Provide input on future tool adaptations and applied design.
- Provide support on developed tools towards our customers.
- Advise in the creation of software design and perform follow up of other software development and test tasks within experience scope.
- Support developed software within appropriate knowledge domain
- Track the technical trends in the market in his/her domain and report about these issues within the department. Define and propose projects and actions to stay in tune with the latest beneficial technology/techniques/methods related to the activity of TomTom processes
- Fine tune requirement understanding with internal customers on national and international level.
- Produce technical documentation and communicate technical and functional possibilities and limitations with process engineering.
- Report on project status and take actions to finish the project within the time, quality and content definition and requirements in co-agreement with the software coordinator.
- Review quality-testing issues to guarantee quality and result of the project
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Software Engineer, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
BS in Computer Science or related degree. Some industry preferred but not required. Knows different types of architecture and standard components; ability to advise and convince; ability to analyze complex problems and design maintainable and inexpensive solutions; demonstrate a positive attitude, promoting communication, cooperation, and teamwork; proven ability to produce solid software; ability to learn new techniques and technology as required; is quality driven.
Experience and working knowledge of the following is a must:
- SQL/Database knowledge
Experience and working knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Spring Framework
- Web Services
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international environment, working with passionate professionals from different countries and cultures
- The opportunity to work for a company where you can really make things happen
- Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus or commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3 additional days to perform community service annually
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life and 401k.