Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
TiVo's software engineers develop cutting-edge, industry leading technologies that are helping to define the next-generation of Video Discovery. Our projects are creating new opportunities for the digital media industry with regards to search, recommendations, and navigation The Software Engineering position is responsible for designing and implementing advanced algorithms and high performance solutions. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree and at least 4 years of experience, ideally utilizing open-source tools, in a fast-paced environment.
The main duties of this position are as follows:
• Participate in iteration and release planning
• Imagine, design, and develop new features for our search, recommendations, and navigation platform
• Utilize and promote sound development practices
• Adhere to core design and testing principles set by team and group leadership
Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:
• Extensive programming experience in Java
• Experience designing and developing large software systems
• Experience with JSON and REST
• Experience with web services construction and deployment (SOAP, WSDL, and XML) is a plus.
• Understanding of the mathematical foundation for information retrieval (e.g. vector space models, semantic analysis)
• Experience with Hadoop is a plus.
• Experience in distributed computing, information retrieval, data mining, and/or machine learning is a plus.
• Experience with SOLR/Lucene and/or Mahout is a plus.
• Understanding of / Experience with Recommendation Engines is a plus.
• Solid understanding of product release cycles, code repositories, branching, labeling, and packaging protocols and practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies.