The Lucasfilm Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-fidelity computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of film-quality imagery. Our work can be seen powering many of the ILMxLAB immersive experiences.
As a Software Engineer you will play a key role in defining and developing tools and software that content creators use to deliver their vision. Working across a diverse range of areas such as rendering, AI, audio, editors, input devices, tools, and pipelines, you will prototype new ideas, troubleshoot existing systems, and play a key role in leveraging our technology for creative endeavors.
- As part of a team, implement major engine systems.
- Rapidly prototype new ideas and concepts.
- Design, create, refine, and debug systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
- Support content creators and other customers of ADG technology.
- Pro-actively identify and address areas for improved user experiences.
- Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively.
- Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team.
- Strong knowledge of C#/C/C++
- Strong 3D math including linear algebra
- Deep experience with data structures, algorithms performance, and parallel processing techniques
- Deep experience with one or more of the following – Rendering, AI, Physics, Networking, Gameplay
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving skills
- Experienced working with and maintaining large codebases
- Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Good knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with DCC packages such as Maya
- 3+ years of prior experience of game development
- Contributed to the development of shipped console games