This is position is for a Software Engineer in the Personal Lines organization. The Personal Lines development team is passionate for technology and strives to build well architected and innovative solutions for the business. Personal Lines has adopted the Scrum development methodology and core agile engineering practices such as continuous integration and test driven development. Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent web development skills and technical acumen, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The Personal Lines development team is seeking motivated, results oriented individuals with strong technical skills and technical leadership experience. The responsibilities of Software Engineer include:
- • Work closely with development team members (QA Test Leads, Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Customers) to design, develop, implement and support complex business solutions.
- • Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- • Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or integrity of the application environment.
- • Work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision.
- • Advanced degree in Computer Science or related disciple with a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in IT systems analysis and application program development
- • Hands-on experience with Java and J2EE technologies, such as, Java Web Services, JSP, XML, and JDBC
- • Strong understanding of OOPS concepts and ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry patterns and best practices
- • Thorough understanding and experience using relational databases preferably Oracle or SQL Server
- • Experience using ACORD based schema/XML is a plus
- • Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- • Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills