- Develop high-volume, high-performance, service-oriented applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies.
- Develop scalable RESTful web-services.
- Develop reusable libraries and APIs.
- Write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation.
- Work with the product manager and technical lead to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions toachieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability, and performance.
- Liaise with system administrators and client web-app developers to deliver fast, dynamic web propositions.
- Collaborate with web-app developers to resolve issues and improve the stability of systems.
- Work with all relevant parties on the deployment of services to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments
- Responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all online output.
- Monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the senior developers on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer in a professional setting.
- Demonstrable competence in one or more established web frameworks (e.g. Spring).
- Proven experience working on a large mission-critical code base, maintaining a regular release cycle, while ensuring the overall performance and stability of the product.
- SQL database experience and understanding of data normalization, database design, query tuning, and transaction management.
- Ability to work in an unstructured, fast-changing environment with rapid release cycles.
- Proven experience of project working and commercial web development processes, particularly Agile methodologies
- Experience of supporting, modifying, and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own.
- Object-oriented design and development, relational database systems, high performance systems.
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering concepts (e.g. MVC).
- Experience with delivering under tight deadlines.
- Experience building or using RESTful interfaces.
- Experience interfacing with multiple web services, feeds, and APIs.
- Experience working with code repositories, (e.g. SVN, GIT).
- Experience using PostgreSQL, including schema design.
- Java/Spring MVC.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/training.