Halfaker and Associates, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Software Engineering and IT Infrastructure to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2017 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Senior Software Tester (Test Engineer) to join our talented team. This position involves the following duties and responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the functional business requirements elicitation and elaboration ensuring that every business need is testable and accompanied by acceptance and detailed test criteria
- Drive a Test-Driven Development culture
- Coordinate testing across multiple, escalating test environments to facilitate unit, functional, performance, and user-acceptance testing
- Track and report testing results
- Identify and diagnose solution configuration issues which manifest testing errors
- Provide communication and follow-through on configuration issues which manifest testing errors.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to quality through active measurement and reporting of software quality metrics that improve rapidly
- Author test plans and test procedures
- Maintain the IBM Rational Jazz Defect (RQM) database
- Testing Section 508 compliance Section 508, a federal law mandating that our application is accessible to people with disabilities
- Highly motivated and analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
- Provide expertise across numerous facets of the program including; Configuration Management, Strategic Planning, Knowledge Management, Business Analysis and Technical Analysis.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent formal business writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline
- 2 Years of relevant experiance
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education