Software Engineer, Telephony Communications Platform
We are looking for talented senior java engineers. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, articulate and focused leader, who can own projects, features and functionality; mentor others, and comprehend the application architecture.
Design, develop and maintain our telephone communications platform for inbound and outbound calling, and SMS. Engineers will work with Java, Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Spring framework and the inContact platform to help ensure SoFi can provide world class customer care as we grow our business.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 200 to 1000+ employees in the past year and just raised a $.9 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
Key responsibilities include
Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
- Generate, enhance and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies.
- Communicate with project leads, database professionals and other software developers on multiple projects.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- 3+ years Java programming experience
- Web development experience
- Good understanding of relational databases including both SQL and MySQL.
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- inContact Platform or experience with any other telephony solution
- REST API
- Spring Framework
- Apache Kafka
- Stream Processing
Personal Attributes of the Ideal Candidate Include
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growing company.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.