Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships. Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us. Job Description: As an Java Software Engineer Technical Lead, you will design complex solutions and provide development guidance to a software development group. The ideal candidate will be a multi-faceted Information technology expert with knowledge and expertise in multiple programming languages and platforms. A 'can do' attitude and the aptitude to self-learn industry trends are a must. You will also provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level and will be called up on frequently to research and recommend cost effective solutions to technical issues. Additionally, you will research and evaluate multiple solutions - including vendor offerings - to implement business strategies.
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Perform as technical lead and product owner role in an Agile methodology development environment. Participate in backlog prioritization, backlog refinement and sprint planning.
- Utilize mature programming methodologies and languages and platforms and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations.
- Incorporate security requirements into design, provide input to information data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing, and incorporate.
- Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Document detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop.
- Enhance software application modules.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Identify application code-related issues. Review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in coding, testing and or debugging skills
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with SAS or Java Programming
- Minimum 3+ years technical leadership experience
- Experience in leading resources in global environment
- Experience in technical leadership for agile development teams
- Experience in technical product owner role to include defining backlog items, prioritizing stories, interfacing with product stakeholders and the development team
- Experience with SAS and UNIX shell programming
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies, SDLC and agile
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge and receiving constructive feedback.
- Excellent prioritization and time management.
- Ability to balance multiple time-critical tasks at the same time.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must work well either independently or as part of a team with a strong desire to excel.
- Experience with developing and managing interfaces with various Credit card associations preferred.
- Good business knowledge of end to end Credit Card industry is preferred.
Req #: 170087401