At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
The successful candidate will plan, design, and write software modules and web applications in support of laboratory process tracking and order intake and management.
This position interacts with all levels of internal customers and external vendors. That interaction requires excellent communication and analytical/troubleshooting skills in identifying problems and implementing efficient solutions.
Effectiveness in this role requires an in-depth working knowledge of software engineering and manufacturing processes, equipment and systems. The incumbent works on problems of moderate to high scope and complexity requiring analysis of various factors, exercises judgment within broadly defined procedures. The incumbent normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Design, develop, and support advance data-driven applications/reports with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), DTS, SQL, and stored procedures.
- Design and develop web services using WCF, ASP.NET Web API, SOAP, REST, XML, and JSON.
- Plan, design, write and debug production software to automate and track production and inventory.
- Responsible for generation of software validation protocols and test programs as well as software requirements and specification documents
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Able to communicate non-technically to laboratory clients related to production issues and gathering new functional requirements.
- Collaborate with Engineering staff and professionals in other departments in the design, development, construction, installation and maintenance of software applications.
- Contribute to the Software Engineering effort on a high-level in cross-functional project teams, identify projectspecifications and equipment needs and carry out the necessary effort. Will interface with external contractors or OEM developers and coordinate with hardware/firmware development.
Troubleshoot the most challenging problems and recommend and implement solutions.
May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Requires 5+ years relevant engineering experience or equivalent.
- Requires 3+ years design and development experience using Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET, and web services.
- Requires experience working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with Agile software development process.
- Familiarity with development of software under FDA/GMP regulatory or ISO standards preferred.
- Experience with testing frameworks a plus.
- Experience with database administration a plus.
- Experience with any LIMS a plus
- Experience with Linux a plus.
- Experience with Apache a plus.
- Experience with IIS a plus.
- Experience with ActiveDirectory a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration servers (Jenkins or similar) a plus
- Experience with Docker a plus