Want to power Streamlit's enterprise growth? Join the Swipe the Card team to deliver high-impact features critical to our company's growth strategy. We are a full-stack team building out enterprise workspaces, self-serve billing, permissioning, and other projects to provide the most value to our customers.
Streamlit is the fastest way to build and share data applications. We’re a collaborative team of technologists who share a common goal to give the data community superpowers that let them project their creativity, intelligence, insights, and influence out into the world. We're well funded with great investors, and we're building the future of data and looking for engineers to join our family-friendly and remote-first startup. The team is comprised of folks from a variety of backgrounds with experience at Google, Heroku, Facebook, Twitter, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford. And some of us didn't go to school or work anywhere fancy. We don’t care where you went to school or where you worked before, just that you're excited to help make an amazing experience for building data apps.
What you'll do:
- 🚢 Help us ship high-quality code. We currently use Python, Go, and TypeScript/React.
- 💅 Polish Streamlit into an awesome experience. Make improvements in performance, user experience, and developer experience that benefit our developers and end-users.
- ✍️ Plan for change. Write up design docs for features or to address technical challenges
- 📐 Empower other team members. Review their design docs and code. The team's output is greater than your personal output.
- 🎖 Make our codebases awesome. Address tech debt and bugs as part of our engineering rotation
- 🌊 Embrace change in continuously improving our systems. Analyze and own overall efficiency, reliability, and performance of codebase and processes
- 🏃🏽♀️ Participate in the action. Participate in and facilitate team meetings making progress to our goals
- 🧘 Take care of each other. Foster a supportive environment for individuals with diverse backgrounds. Everyone's unique ideas, perspectives, and experiences make Streamlit a better product and company — and a more fun place to work!
It's important to us that you have all of the following:
- Experience in multiple programming languages, specifically one statically-typed language (e.g. Go) and one dynamic language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with full-stack web development experience including:
- Server API design using a common architecture (REST, GraphQL)
- Database Design and SQL chops
- Deployed a full-stack application on a production server with a database.
- Demonstrated experience working on a product with a team with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate initiative, ownership, and independence
It would be awesome if you also had any of the following:
- Significant experience with the technologies we use (React, Go, Python, Kubernetes) or similar
- Experience with Open Source development as a contributor or maintainer
- On-call experience
- DevOps background with focuses on security and operations
- Familiarity or interest with data science, AI, machine learning
Technologies we use:
- Go, Python, TypeScript
- React, Jest, Cypress
- Web Sockets, Protocol Buffers, gRPC
- Kubernetes, Pulumi
What We Offer
Stock Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Unlimited PTO, Benepass, Commuter Benefits, Work from Home Stipend, Parental Leave, Education Reimbursement.
We are an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer and we highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.