Who are we looking for?
The Software Engineer in Support team member will be responsible for resolving escalated support tickets which need in-depth analysis at the source code level of our software product, databases, and processes. We are looking for a highly analytical problem solver that has excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, as well as Java and SQL expertise, that can investigate problems and make appropriate code changes quickly and accurately. Additionally, you will be a strong communicator, as you may need to talk to business logic experts, quality assurance, and senior engineering staff to resolve issues.
- Monitor and resolve Level 3 (highest escalation) Salesforce cases and provide prompt resolution and/or corrective action
- Perform detailed root cause analysis to recommend both short-term and long-term corrective and preventive action
- Use Java and SQL skills to reproduce customer-reported issues; this can involve local builds and identification of relevant test data to step through the code via a debugger
- Design, develop, review, and test fixes for customer-reported issues
- Monitor application alerts and troubleshoot application issues that are reported
- Work with the engineering department to improve quality, efficiency, testability, and maintainability of code base, and identify opportunities for process improvement, as well as involvement in implementation thereof
What qualifications are needed?
- B.S. in Computer Science or other Engineering discipline or applicable work experience
- 3-6 years of experience as a software engineer in a support environment.
- Proficiency in Java and SQL is required including Java-based test tools such as JUnit
- Familiarity with using revision control applications, preferably JIRA and Bitbucket
- Demonstrated excellent problem analysis and solving skills
- Some medical industry background including accounting and revenue cycle management.