The Intermediate Software Engineerwill report to Sr. Manager –Supply Chain and will be part of the team that is responsible for Application portfolio management and development that focuses on building and configuring software solutions. This entails: (1) strategizing, roadmap planning, selecting, architecting/designing, buildingand implementing technologysolutions to solve complex business problems.(2) portfolio management for entire business applications suite (3) actively managing the on-going health and supportability of the portfolio in alignment with IT Ops & Support, (4) partnering with other IT and business teams to deliver end to end technology solutions for JCPenney. The team provides IT solutions to JCP Supply Chain.
Critical Primary Responsibilities:
- Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle to build technical solutions for small to medium complex efforts, including being able to coordinate sourcing of new hardware/software, adhere to security & compliance and partner with shared services to achieve the business objectives and goals.?
- Partners with team to drive resolution and process improvements to further minimize impact to our production environment and support business partners. Documents all key processes to further drive performance.?
- Work closely with the business partners, business analysts on the team to configure systems and deliver technical solutions adhering to business requirements
- Develops (design/code/configure) high quality software solutions.
- Adheres to organizational methodology and technology standards and prepares documentation of work.
- Keep up to date on technology supported and is a key participant in knowledge transfer. Interact with business teams to gather, interpret and understand their business needs creating design specifications.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- 7+years’ of technical and functional experience in Supply Chain systems.
- Experience with source code management including using Subversion, Jenkins
- Experience in Oracle Pro*C application implementation, development & customization
- Languages: C, PL/SQL
- Proficient in tuning high volume OLTP systems
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS 9i and migrations to 11g or 12c
- Experience with migrations from HP-UX PA-RISC architecture to Linux x86 architecture
- Experience with integration tools such as TIBCO ESB ?and Connect:Direct a plus.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (HP-UX, Linux) and respective scripting shell is expected.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.? Effectiveness in sharing knowledge across the organization, driving best practices, and coaching junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.