About this Position
As part of the SteelCentral team, you will develop and improve new and existing features and work on innovative and creative solutions primarily focused on the packet acquisition and storage management aspects of the product (both on-prem and cloud).
- Write code for a screaming-fast packet acquisition and analysis system.
- Create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop and enhance code to parse and analyze network protocols.
- Release product on time and ensure successful shipping of projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE or a related field
- Relevant experience with at least one complex software engineering project in the past
- Provable programming and OO design skills in C++
- Demonstrable understanding of high-performance code development strategies
- Linux working knowledge i.e. configuration, administration or Linux networking
- Nice to have: Previously used open source or home grown tools to emulate real network based applications
- Nice to have: Experience debugging network issues with Wireshark or other packet analysis tools
- Nice to have: platform development experience
- Nice to have: Good knowledge of NUMA architectures
- Driven and motivated to accomplish your goals both independently and as part of the team
- Excellent at verbal communication and written documentation
- Able to approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting NUMA-related tasks with creativity
- Quick to learn new technologies and methodologies