As a senior software engineer on the Steam team, you'll be part of an extremely motivated and experienced group of people. You'll help drive Steam architecture and be a key coding contributor. You'll design and deliver new features to enable new game experiences, deliver all kinds of digital content to millions of customers, enhance community features, and drive revenue. Must be experienced in all phases of a project lifecycle and have great customer focus. May mentor otherdevelopers.
- Work as part of Valve's core development team, adding features and components to our best-of-breed computer games and pioneering e-commerce platform.
- Regularly ship a variety of products from small internal tools to large-scale web applications used by millions of people per month.
- Directly and meaningfully impact the experience of those players & customers.
- Develop an understanding of Valve's player community and contribute creative design solutions to improve the experience of using Valve's products.
- Follow-through from project inception through design to detailed completion.
- Iterate on solutions based on internal and external (customer) feedback.
- Develop end-to-end data management solutions including database schema, database back-up & management, and performance tuning.
- Participate in design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers.
- Create measurable success, be self-directed, and prioritize your own workload.
- 5+ years experience building commercial software in C++ or similar language
- Strong programming and fundamental computer science skills
- Experience building high-scale, high-reliabilitynetworke-commerce products a plus
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent