Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 180 days ago
This is a Software Engineer position in State Street Global Services seeking qualified engineers with desire to build data solutions for data-as-a-service data management platform using agile delivery. The candidate is someone with proven technical abilities with hands on development experience.
Education Requirements: Masters or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
Specific Qualifications / Skills Required:
• 3 years’ experience in IT developing data solutions
• Experience with developing using Java Python Messaging frameworks awk and shell scripting & Linux
• Experience with designing & architecting SQL databases like Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL etc. w/ hands on backend systems development & data warehouse platform design experience
• Must have project development experience using Hadoop eco-system (Hive Pig Cloudera Impala etc.)
• Experience with developing NOSQL databases like Hbase Cassandra MongoDB etc.
• Good understanding of J2EE concepts micro service architecture Docker Data As a Service paradigm Star Schema Dimension modelling OLTP ACID and data structures
• Experience in financial industry working on financial reporting/regulatory projects is a plus. Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts Securities 101 Capital Markets 101 etc. is desirable.
• Experience in evaluating software estimating cost and delivery timelines and managing financials
• Experience leading Agile team & driving SDLC processes
• Work closely with the business & IT stake holders to manage delivery
• Ability to lead team member manage delivery and provide feedback
• Ability to make effective decisions and can manage change
•Communicates effectively in a professional manner both written and orally
• Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation.
• Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver