Software Engineer Staff - 938833
USA, MA, Westford
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
About the Position:
Test Engineering features and solutions testing engineer with a minimum of 8 years’ experience
Hands on test engineer with strong motivation for testing Juniper Networks family of Broadband Edge and Edge routers. Work closely with geographically separated software and hardware teams to design, develop and document all levels of qualification tests. Additionally, create high availability, performance and scaling test scenarios for high-performance secure networking products.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong proficiency in many of the following areas:
- Experience with defining test approaches, plans, automation and execution of large scale test projects.
- Edge and Broadband Edge features including PPP/PPPoE, DHCP, L2TP, MLPPP, RADIUS/AAAA and other Subscriber access models.
- Routing protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, multicast, MPLS)
- L2/L3 Forwarding, QoS, DDoS and Firewall
- Experience in performing platform qualification tests on new products (e.g systems, interfaces and FRUs).
- Strong Automation knowledge with key experience in developing scripting IDEs
- Provide technical direction and hands-on approaches to designing, debugging and solving network environments.
The candidate must possess outstanding problem solving skills in the diagnosis and resolution of customer issues.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as presentation proficiency.
The candidate must be a self-starter, proactive and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently
Strong automation skills with Python/ROBOT is required.
Experience using 3rd party test equipment such as Spirent or IXIA is a must.
Working knowledge of UNIX is a must; proficiency in a scripting language, such as Tcl/tk or Perl, is required
Experience in various test methodologies white box, black box, customer solution testing is desirable.
Requires B.S. in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of experience as a test engineer for networking and IP services related products and a BS in CS/EE. Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical engineering a plus.