Software Engineer Staff - 938078
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
About the Position:
Design, develop and maintain high performance forwarding/networking software for the current generation and next generation Terabit Routers.
- Architect & develop complex packet forward features in IPv4/IPv6/MPLS, Multicast, Routing, Firewall/Filter, Cos, Services areas etc.
- Analyze, debug and fix complex microkernel/Liunx issues.
- Continuosly drive innovations by working with cross functional teams to address complex problems.
- Assist in solving complex customer issues and queries reported from the field and drive customer satisfaction.
- Work on sustaining existing features.
A minimum of BS in CS/EE with 8 years of experience is required. MS degree is a plus.
A minimum of 7 years of strong C programming and debugging skills is required. Knowledge & course-work are required in the following areas: advanced networking (Layer 1-4 protocols: Ethernet, TCP/IP, MPLS, routing protocols, etc.), layer 2/3 packet forwarding, operating systems internals, algorithms, and computer architecture. Experience with RISC and Real time OS is a plus. Proficiency with test equipment is desired.