11 - 15 years
Posted 175 days ago
Software Engineer Staff - 938709
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
These comprise of requirements collection from PLM/Sales teams, design and implementation of feature solution in a cross-functional team environment, maintenance of control and data plane software components, consult/train/mentor other employees.
The candidate will develop software for Juniper's JUNOS Packet Forwarding Engine. Work involves design, implementation and support of the software responsible for the packet forwarding path in Juniper networking equipment.
1) Requires B.A., B.S. or equivalent in EE or CS, plus a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in related field
2) Excellent C programming and debugging skills
3) Good grasp on computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, operating system).
4) Knowledge of IP routing/forwarding, MPLS, VPLS, L3VPN technologies.
5) Prior packet forwarding experience is a plus.
6) Prior knowledge of interface technologies (ATM. Sonet, Ethernet etc.) is a plus.
7) Prior experience of working on UNIX-like OS is a plus.
8) Prior knowledge of working with ASICs, network processors, TCAMs is a plus.
9) Team-player: The candidate should be able to work in teams of various sizes that may be geographically distributed
10) Impeccable record of delivering projects on time and with good quality.
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world's largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision - Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.