Job Description :
How would you like to say you helped the first humans step foot on the red planet? NASA is sending humans to Mars and Lockheed Martin Space Systems is building the spacecraft that will take them there. We need the best engineers on our team to ensure mission success. Think you have the skills? Come work on the Orion team that builds software for the next generation of human space flight vehicles.
This opening is for a Staff Software Engineer for the NASA Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (Orion MPCV) Program supporting Orion Software Integrated Product Team (IPT).
The core responsibility of this role is to develop and test software for the Guidance, Navigation, Controls and Propulsion system on the Orion MPCV and provide experienced leadership to other team members.
Experience with C/C++ in an embedded environment is a must. Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and the ability to apply good coding standards and style is highly desired. Familiarity with IBM Rhapsody, Linux System, real time embedded programming and python is a plus.
The candidate should be driven, self managed, must have excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related technical field with 9 years of software engineering/development experience or 7 years with a Masters degree.
- Proficiency with C / C++
- Experience utilizing an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Python / Scripting Experience
- Linux / Unix Experience
- A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and independently is required.
- IBM Rhapsody / Model Driven development
- Perforce and an understanding of Software Control Management
- Green Hills Integrity / Embedded programming
- Guidance, Navigation and Control is a plus
- Propulsion knowledge/experience is a plus
- General Orion experience is a plus
- JIRA / Agile Methodology