The Software Engineer provides detailed physical design, development, enhancement, and support for applications and systems, performs all system development and maintenance activities. Consistently demonstrates a high degree of skill within the following dimensions: Physical/Detailed System Integration Design, System Analysis (Performance, Impact Analysis, Quality), System Troubleshooting (issue root cause analysis, investigation and timely remediation), System Quality Assurance (Unit and Performance Testing), setting, maintaining and evolving design, development and support standards and processes, Server/Environment Design and Troubleshooting. Continually seeks ways to expand the efficiency and the effectiveness of theApplication Development team and practices continual personal improvement, understanding and learning changes to the industry best practice and technology development standards and then putting them into practice. Understands and articulates the business processes and needs that drive the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of applications and systems. Performs or integrates work at the highest level within this job family, working at an in-depth level within a technical or business area. The Software Engineer leads projects or subprojects, as assigned. Coaches and mentors other software engineers.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Create Physical/Detailed Design Documents that reflect theneeds of the business requirements and the conceptual and logical constraints of the Solution Architecture Documents.
2. Develop and enhance systems, in a manner that conforms toDHP development guidelines.
3. Provide systems support in a manner that conforms to DHP development and support guidelines, such that the appropriate Support Level Agreement metrics are met or exceeded.
4. Unit Testing: Create and execute unit test cases that correspond to the needs of the validated requirements and the constraints of the design documents.
5. Performance Testing: Create and execute performance test cases that correspond to the needs of the validated requirements and the constraints of the design documents.
6. Collaborate with DHP Architects by participating in the creation and refinement of conceptual and logical Solution Architecture Documents.
7. Analyze project and work tasks. Provide estimates of scope, work efforts and dependencies. Identify issues, risks, and mitigation options.
8. May lead projects or subprojects, providing direction to others on project teams.
9. May produce business requirements on appropriate efforts and using the DHP requirements guidelines and standards
10. Effectively multi-task. Deliver results when attention is divided. Resolve and balance ambiguity in priorities.
11. Coach and mentor other DHP Software Engineers.
12. Collaborate with peers in setting, maintaining, and evolving detailed design, development, and support standards and processes.
13. Facilitate coordination in development and support activities, with IT peers from other developer and infrastructure teams.
14. Deploy applications and systems. Support systems during theproject transition phase, by remediating newly discovered quality issues.
15. Facilitate the transition of applications and systems bycreating appropriate support artifacts, and by conducting knowledge transfer sessions with other software engineers, as appropriate.
16. Appropriately take ownership of tasks, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner and with a high degree of quality.
17. Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher management levels.
18. Other duties, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience; or Associate Degree or 2 years of continuing education or training with 4-6 years of relevant experience or a high school diplomaor equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
2. Experience working with customers and peers to develop solutions to complex business problems.
3. Technical proficiency in all development, design, planning, and quality tools and technologies needed to fulfill the expectations ofthe role.
4. Professional demeanor, with the ability to model dedication and support for Company goals.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, as evidenced by the ability towork and communicate effectively with management and employees at all levels.
6. Ability to make good decisions considering a wide variety ofsituations and conditions.
1. Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus.
2. Health Care and Health Insurance industry knowledge.
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.
2. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
Dean Health Plan, Inc.-
Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position ofleadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health ofcommunity through innovation, partnership and integrity.