Job Description :
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our Rotary Mission Systems team in Manassas, VA. The lead will be responsible for leading an agile development team as part of a follow-on contract award for one of our Sonar systems.
Successful execution of the effort will require the Software Lead to work with our stake holders, including customers, product owners and development team members to plan and execute agile program increments.
Other responsibilities include working with our Customer to review and manage contractually required software metrics, obtaining agreement at program level milestone events and participating in program level risk management activities.
A well-qualified candidate will have experience managing a large software development team using Agile methods and have experience using our selected tool suite.
Able to evaluate Commercial off the shelf (COTS) products (for imbedding delivery or tools support) and make appropriate make/buy decisions in support of program execution milestone/cost objectives.
- Proven history of successfully leading software development teams
- Electrical Engineering/Computer Science background
- Software engineering experience within the U.S. Navy Community
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system
- GIT/Gerrit/Version One/Jenkins
- Database technologies (e.g. RDBMS, EnterpriseDB)
- Agile development
- Cloud computing
- familiarity with service oriented architectures