Spirent security engineers develop the next-generation solutions to ensure our connected world stays connect and stays secure. Our customers need products and security services to test, measure & securely handle information at massive levels. We're looking for engineers who distance themselves from the norm bringing new ideas from all areas, including virtualization, security, fuzzing, malware, DDoS, IoT, UI design and mobile networks. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Spirent's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push the envelope in our field.
If you are a skilled software engineer who enjoys security and/or privacy work and is an expert in systems security, applications security, network security, IoT, data protection and infrastructure privacy, cryptography or automated malware analysis. This role is for you.
- Design and develop a new front-end UI platform using various web technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and applications.
- Analyze, design, develop and test in an agile development environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product owners, UX designers to achieve best solutions.
- Work closely with other engineers to continuous improve development best practices and quality of the product.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with RESTAPI development.
- Experience with using version control and web-based repositories.
- Ability to produce clean, understandable code following best practices.
- Proficiency in cross-browser compatibility development, testing and QA.
- Experience with some form of Agile development process.
- 3-5 years of all or some of required experienced above.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science with 3-5 years of experience in web UI development.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ruby On Rails.
- Experience with database development SQL/NOSQL.
- Enterprise software product development using Agile methodology.
- 5+ years of all or some of required experienced above.