The successful candidate will be part of a team developing the market leading Spirent Customer Experience Assurance and Test Analytics products. Working with a team of high caliber software engineers, the successful candidate will be improving and enhancing the latest big data and predictive analytics technologies.
- Work within business analysis/requirements to understand desired system functionality.
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the implementation into specific functional changes.
- Coordinate with other engineers for delivering multi-part product capabilities.
- Implement unit test and appropriate hooks for automated testing of new functions.
- Diagnose and debug issues detected during testing or production use of specific functional changes.
- Provide input to documentation and user training teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience. Three or more years of experience preferred.
- Experience with Java programming, SQL, object-oriented paradigm and familiarity with large software project tools (e.g. source code control).
- Intermediate level Java programming skills. Specific Java programming skills (e.g. generics, multi-threading) is preferred.
- Proven track record working on large, multi-person software systems
- DB experience is preferred (Oracle, Vertica or MySQL).
- Telecommunications OSS experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with open source resources is preferred.
- Performance profiling and tuning is a plus.
- Large scale software architecture design is preferred.
- ExtJS experience is a plus.