In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be a part of Philips Wellcentive, a leader in population health that helps customers provide care management for more than 30 million patients and achieve more than $500 million annually in value-based revenue. Software Engineers please read on!
You are responsible for
- Leading the ceremonies of a Scrum team, removing organizational blockers for the team, coaching and mentoring the team on Scrum practices, and working with the team’s development manager to produce metrics to measure efficiency, quality and predictability of the team.
- Responsible for contributing to development velocity by making Java enhancements, bug fixes, and code support to a complex Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
- Utilizing your scripting skills on a healthcare data interface - specifically, integrating disparate data sources into a normalized cloud based patient-centric repository so that the quality of care can be measured across large populations.
- As you learn the business and become more proficient with your development, you will be fast-tracked into more challenging architecture and new development projects.
- Diving into a wide array of file formats searching for and correcting data quality issues.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of enterprise Java development
- Strong understanding of Scrum theory and ability to lead Scrum ceremonies, knowledge of SAFe highly desired
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server)
- Experience consuming or developing REST web services
- Passionate about leveraging software to solve challenges
- Industry domain knowledge in healthcare i.e. file formats (HL7, CCD, CCDA)
- Knowledge of ETL processes
In return, we offer you
A high growth position as a Software Engineer in our Data Quality/Data Science team. You will be challenged with meaningful projects that drive business success and grow your own technical and leadership skills. We are looking for a sharp, passionate, and hardworking individual who wants to make an impact.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips pageon our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.