* Debug Linux OS/kernel complex issues on various platforms (include but are not limited to Gentoo, Debian and Ubuntu)
* Design, develop and module/integration test Linux multipath solutions in C/C++ as well as support issues at different layers within Linux OS/kernel, for both NetApp proprietary and open-source products.
* Be proficient in product development and support involving FC, iSCSI, SAS and IB protocols
* Possess solid knowledge and industrialexperiences with RAID* based storage solutions.
* Be responsible for supporting most complex interoperability issues for both clustered and non-clustered configurations involving components from other vendors (Linux host, virtualization products, switch and HBA) in NetApp storage matrix. * Conduct performance analysis and optimization for different Linux device driver and NetApp storage array stack layers.
* Provide remote and onsite support to NetApp high profile customer field issues involving Linux (and its derivative) device and HBA drivers as part of the solution.
*Work with Linux OS vendors and communities on open-source device driver issues and promotion of innovative enhancements
via Bugzilla channels.
* Participate in technical discussions with groups within and outside immediate Business Units to create business synergy within NetApp and across Linux industry.
* Ability to come up with and execute on initiatives that will contribute towards NetApp’s business goals, as well as establish NetApp’s industrial leadership.
* Mentor junior engineers within surrounding functional units.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Work collaborativelywithin a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
* Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions; Recognized expert in a portion of product area
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
* Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
* Strong generalist understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
* Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team
* Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Responsibility and Interaction:
*Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
*Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
* Work effectively with staff to Vice-President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
* Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently
* Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position
* Work effectively with senior engineers within Business Unit
* Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
* Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others
Education & Experience:
* A minimum of 8years of experience is required. 9 to 11years of experience is preferred
* A Bachelor of Science Degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects