In this role you will be able to take ownership over design and development of one or more key areas of Snowflake. Build high quality and reliable systems and features that directly address customer requirements and meet business goals. Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, reliability, and availability of a large scale distributed system.
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- 3+ years industry experience creating commercial software products and/or services.
- Deep expertise building complex systems technologies with Java , C/C++, or C#
- Excellent computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills and ability to work in Linux environment.
- Experience delivering production grade systems software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, advanced degrees valued.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
Bonus point for experience with the following:
- Large scale distributed systems, concurrency, transactions and consistency models.
- Experience with related complex systems related technologies (i.e. Database internals, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, File Systems, Network stack)
- Experience building core system components for database or data warehouse systems, or other large-scale data processing systems (i.e. internals for Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, etc).
- Contributing to open source projects in the big-data/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowledge of in the internals of cloud infrastructure- AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or Azure.
- Experience developing, delivering, and running complex SaaS services.
- Understanding or expertise in Security and/or Identity/Authentication concepts, protocols, and related technologies.