Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! This position will work directly with our engineering team in Bellevue WA to evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need strong engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas.
As a Software Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of large scale distributed systems.
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- 3+ years industry experience creating commercial software products.
- Deep expertise in Java , C/C++, or C#
- Excellent computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills and ability to work in Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience delivering production grade systems software products.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
Bonus point for experience with the following:
- Large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
- SQL and/or other database technologies including internals (kernel, engine) implementations.
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Contributing to open source projects in the big-data/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular.
- Delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based technologies.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Learn about and contribute to highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- Learn about and contribute to user interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.