Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
We’re hiring talented Software Engineers to join us! This position will work directly with our engineering team to evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly--and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role has the potential to work in a variety of product areas.
As a Software Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of large scale distributed systems and the query processing engine.
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- 1+ years industry experience creating commercial software products.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills and ability to work in Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Able to work on-site in our downtown San Mateo office.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations.
- Experience with data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- Experience with implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query optimization, query execution, compiler design and implementation.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular.
- Experience delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based solutions.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.