This position involves application development for Camstar’s Enterprise Platform (CEP) as part of an Agile team with includes interaction with members of the Product Development, Process Owner, Technical Publications and QA teams. Tasks include feature implementation including but not limited to detailed design documentation, programming, debugging, unit testing, code review, bug repair and authoring supporting documentation.
The Advanced Software Engineer is responsible for understanding the current product offering, its underlying technology, architecture & design principles, evaluating new technologies, design ideas, research new methodologies to solving software engineering problems related to the current field of business. They will be expected to provide input to the technical direction for one or more areas of the product/research. They are also responsible for building the tools and framework needed to take the research ideas forward into development. They are responsible for delivering core functionality that reaches a high level of quality with minimal defects.
- · Generate Detailed Design requirements based on software functional requirements.
- · Implement and test new functionality that supports the Camstar Platform in the areas of: portal and mobility frameworks, proprietary tooling (Designer, Portal Studio, etc.…)
- · Modifies and develops the components required for simple to moderately complex application features.
- · Maintain development environments in a multiple branch software code management system.
- · Investigate and resolve reported bugs.
- · Perform reviews and approvals of otherdeveloper’s code.
- · Interact with other development groups and QA as necessary.
- · Interact with Agile product development team members.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related science is desired
- · Minimum of 2+ years development in web based applications and architectures
- · Desired 1+ year developing tools, components, and platforms
- · Excellent design, programming and debugging skills.
- · Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- · Strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for work.
- · Experience in Azure, AWS or any Cloud provider
- · Experience with SOA, Microservices.
- · Experience with either C++ or C#
- · Experience with JQuery.
- · Experience with Web Services and API development.
- · Experience with database systems (Oracle/SQL Server).
- · Experience with NoSQL databases
- · Knowledge in IoT in the industriallandscape
- · Comfortable with Web Based applications.
- · Comfortable with XML and XSLT.
- · Working knowledge of NUnit or other unit testing framework.
- · Experience with Source Control such as TFS and Git
- · Development experience in complete product lifecycle.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- · Experiencein one of the two following areas:
- o Experience on a software team developing commercial multi-user / mission critical applications.
- o Experience in Manufacturing Execution System application development or deployment, or similar custom software.
- · Familiarity with ScrumAgile development principles and practices with a good comfort level of working in this type of environment
- · Experience with software product management.
- · Experience of Web Services including Microsoft WCF Services.
- · Experience with User and Custom Web Controls.
- · Experience with Angular and other frameworks
- · Knowledge and experience in .Net technologies.
- · Knowledge with Java &/or technology stack for JVM based platforms
- · Comfortable with HTML, DHTML, and XHTML.
- · Visual Basic programming exposure.
- · Domain knowledge in manufacturing operations.
Requisition Number: 223287