We are looking for self-motivated and talented individuals to join us. Work on new products that will evolve and grow the eBay Core Shipping Product and Technology team.
Are you passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that can scale vertically and horizontally? Are you a creative thinker, not afraid to find outside-the-box solutions for difficult challenges with high scale systems? Then this is the job for you.
You will have opportunities to:
- Design and implement projects throughout all phases of the software development process.
- Work with engineers and other multi-functional teams including Research, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Operations etc.
- Develop phenomenal software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Track business impact of features on a regular basis
- Rely on data to make informed decisions about future directions
- Scope, prioritize, plan, bug fix, deploy, document and most importantly, have fun.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field like Mathematics
- Excellent coding skills in Java, C++ or C# (will be primarily coding in Java) and proven use of test automation to certify your code
- Outstanding design and problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale. Experience in distributed systems, database technologies, and online services is a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion for learning and implementing creative large-scale architectural patterns to turn business requirements into simple solutions
- Have a sincere love for technology, a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and open source frameworks, and the ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment