Software Engineer - Shared Mobility
Less than 5 years experience • Engineering Services
DENSO is one of the largest global automotive suppliers of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics and information and safety. From automated driving to hybrid and electric vehicle components, we’re crafting the core technologies of modern mobility. We draw on the strengths of individual inventors who are joining together to become an unstoppable force for global good. With our North American headquarters located in Michigan, DENSO employs more than 23,000 people at 28 consolidated subsidiaries and 4 affiliates across the North American region. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions and employs more than 150,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2017, totaled US$40.4 billion.
As a DENSO Software Engineer, you will be part of DENSO's North American R&D team in Southfield, MI, developing products and services for shared mobility.
We are looking for software engineer to work with us on vehicle access & start functions like remote keyless entry, telematics and other innovative products for DENSO's Smart Mobility ECU
What you'll be doing:
• Develop software for vehicle access and Connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM / 4G LTE features based) products to meet customer requirements.
• Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
• Work with internal cross functional teams to develop a working model or PoC (proof of concept).
• Work with sensor and telematics data such as GPS and phone accelerometer & gyroscope data.
• Read and understand documentation provided by partners.
• Work with customers to build integrations and troubleshoot issues.
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• At least two years of experience as a software engineer.
• Strong development experience in C, C , Java.
• Developing systems applications on Linux/Android.
• Comfortable in Python language.
• Experience with Automotive CAN & vehicle networks, vehicle data acquisition, vehicle diagnostics and instrumentation.
• Experience in automotive infotainment and telematics system design and development.
• Experience with electronic hardware prototyping.
• Experience with cloud PaaS products such as Azure or AWS.
• Mobile development (Android or iOS) is a plus.
• Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence or similar tools.
• Experience building services leveraging cloud computing, big data, IoT, APIs and advanced analytics.
- Req. Number: 1800002F