This full-time opportunity will provide the applicant with a continued software development experience with progressing responsibility. The work in software development, web development, database development/support, and maintaining/enhancing graphical user interfaces, will be exciting and challenging.
- Designs and develops applications and software services using modern software development practices, including unit testing, continuous integration, and configuration management.
- Submits, analyzes, and executes assigned configuration change requests in accordance with established Configuration Management (CM) processes.
- Uses software design and maintenance techniques that address lifecycle security concepts and ensures all software activities are conducted in accordance with the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Documents preliminary and detailed design of components making up a software product and completes testing efforts through generation of test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Supports system anomaly investigations and troubleshooting activities.
- Communicates and provides technical status on assigned activities to the Software Engineering Lead, Systems Engineer, and other Project team members, as appropriate.
- Supports special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodology, including Agile development methodology, automated testing, and source control tools such as GIT.
- Development experience and knowledge with Visual Studio or other integrated development environments.
- Development experience within UNIX, Linux, and or Windows server environments.
- Familiarity with .NET framework.
- Familiarity with RESTful services and SQL.
- Familiarity with Image processing and Geospatial libraries such as ArcGIS and GDAL
- Familiarity with spatial data, map reference and map projection systems
- Familiarity with code debugging methods
- Familiarity with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Specifications including WMS, WFS, WCS.
Job ID: 20602