This position develops and maintains software for backend services, deployment pipelines, and server management.
- Align the platform services architecture with VESI’s product vision and strategy
- Create, improve and update systems to improve scalability, performance and capacity
- Design and develop software services and solutions that focus on data analytics
- Develop standardized data integrations to the services platform
- Collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience in participating in cross-functional development teams
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the team’s processes and development practices
- Provide support and assist in the triage of software defects and system issues as necessary
- Provide support for special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- BA/BS degree in related field or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills with Scala, Python, Shell Scripting, Experience in AWS (EC2, Opsworks, S3, Beanstalk)
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration/Deployment Tool, SSL
- Experience building high performing backend services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor for long periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds without assistance