Barracuda FX is a leading provider of end-to-end, front-office foreign exchange platforms for medium and large sell-side banks. We provide compete systems covering trading, sales, compliance, reporting and all front office functions. We take a product-led and engineering-focused approach to delivering advanced technology to demanding customers. We leverage advanced, message-based architectures to create systems which process billions of dollars in transactions across five contents each day.
We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.
At Barracuda FX, we are committed to building a thriving, diverse and connected culture where people feel welcomed and are invited to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day.
Software Engineers/Server-Side develop state-of-the-art C++ applications for our groundbreaking automated foreign exchange platform. You will own (typically multiple months-long) development projects end-to-end, from conception through support and maintenance, including many fast-cycle version iterations. As part of our remarkably high-performing team of collaborative, talented engineers, you will have significant freedom and self-direction to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems as we push the technological envelope.
- Work in C++ and Python to design, implement, and release state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high-performance, globally distributed systems related to automated trading
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects on time
- Create and track project plans and convey status, issues and risks effectively
- Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
- Work closely with customer-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
- Self-starter with ability to self-regulate and problem-solve independently through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Results-driven with a strong ownership mentality and drive to deliver on ; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Superior abstract thinking abilities
- Motivated to learn about new industries, master new technologies, and push technological boundaries
- Connects code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Team player who openly information, helps others, and is open to new ideas and “going the extra mile” when needed
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Exceptional programming skills and grasp of software engineering principles with 5 or more years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, C#, C, Java)
- Demonstrated success managing development projects end-to-end with significant ownership over technical decision-making
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Bachelor’s or advanced certificate in STEM field or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle iterations
- Enterprise software experience or experience with financial software and/or financial trading
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution)