We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of "Gameplay First" and "Play Nice, Play Fair," has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our team is looking for a Server Features Engineer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, game programmers and fellow server programmers to maintain and implement non-gameplay features. Some examples of non-gameplay features include:
- Custom games
- Player grouping
- Integration with Battle.net
- Support and improve the live service, with a focus on reliability and performance.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of C / C++
- Passion for distributed systems and networking
- Experience implementing features within client/server architectures
- Excellent ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates
- Strong sense of independence and motivation to improve
- Passion for video games
- Prior game development experience
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Experience with transaction processing systems
- Database experience (Relational or NoSQL)
- Linux development experience
- Avid Overwatch player