We know you’ve got choices as an experienced Software Engineer (Calling all Mid-level and Senior Engineers), so why work for Cox Automotive? Besides being a privately held company that’s been in business over 100 years, Cox Automotive is a respected industry leader. We aren’t in “maintenance mode.” We’re innovating and we know our employees are our most valuable resource!
Who We Are + What We Do
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Provide mentorship to the team.
What We Look For:
- Git or general version control experience.
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements.
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions.
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation.
- Basic system administration.
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Group work focus and mentality.
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
- Degree in CS/SE or comparable work.
- Big-data implementation experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with information retrieval systems, hard state-space optimization solutions.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Strong system administration skills.
- Public speaking skills