Job Description :
This opening is for a Senior Software Engineer for the NASA Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (Orion MPCV) Program supporting Orion Software Integrated Product Team (IPT).
The core responsibility for this role will be to develop software using C++ for Guidance, Navigation, Control, and Propulsion (GNCP) of the Orion vehicle.
Coding in C++ and leveraging related development tools and environments will be the major focus for this role.
Familiarity with the software development cycle and ability to apply design patterns and good coding standards is highly desired.
Familiarity real time embedded programming, and model driven development is a plus. Background in Agile methodologies is desired.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related technical field with 5 years of software engineering/development experience or 3 years with a Masters degree.
- Proficiency with C / C++
- Experience utilizing an integrated development environment (IDE)
- Python / Scripting Experience
- Linux / Unix Experience
- A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and independently is required.
- IBM Rhapsody / Model Driven development
- Perforce and an understanding of Software Control Management
- Green Hills Integrity / Embedded programming
- Guidance, Navigation and Control a plus
- Propulsion knowledge/experience a plus
- General Orion experience a plus
- JIRA / Agile Methodology