Software Engineer - Senior Level
5 - 7 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
The Software Engineer works effectively across the entire software development life cycle. This includes requirements definition, prototyping, detailed design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the day-to-day operation of production systems. The Software Engineer is expected to collaborate with technical staff, management, and business operations staff throughout all phases of the software development life cycle in order to deliver working solutions to complex business problems according to agreed upon timelines and budgets tosupport the mission, vision, and values of Intermountain Healthcare. The Senior role is a high level contributor and an expert in software development skills. Also has a good understanding of the business domain. Responsible for implementing and/or integrating new products, processes, methodologies, frameworks, and technologies. Works independently with minimal oversight and direction. Provides guidance, input, and instruction to lower level technical professionals. Provides mentoring and training to staff and associate level software engineers.
Essential Job Duties
- Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
- Coordinates interface with user management regarding project status, direction and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
- Coordinates with the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Contributes to the development of high level system architecture documents and detailed design specifications to serve as a guide for system/application development.
- Assists with scheduling, determining manpower requirements, and estimating costs to project completion in order to meet user requirements.
- Maintains a high level understanding of industry application development best practices, tools, programming languages and techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the information technology industry and assists in the development and implementation of standards and methodologies at the organizational and departmental levels.
- Coordinates with analysts and consultants in the design and development of new software applications.
- Works with external software suppliers to coordinate software integration and resolution of problems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or other technical field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
or Four years of equivalent technical experience.
- Five years of professional software development experience.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Two years of healthcare related software development experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Job ID: 201385