Boeing is seeking a Senior Software Engineer level 5 for the flight electronics project.
This position is located in Long Beach, California.
- Responsible for all phases of the Electronic Tools Development software development life cycle; software requirements, design, code, test, integration and qualification / certification in accordance with DO178C/DO330/ DO200B.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Works under general direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Requires extensive experience in software design, code, integration and test using Java, C and C++.
- Requires experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, and ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Experience leading large teams.
- Experience with the entire Software development life cycle, from sizing to qualification / certification.
- Experience with DO178C/DO330/ DO200B.
- Experience developing software unit tests and automated functional testing.
- Experience with HTML5 Web Applications, Web Services, cloud deployments, UI development, Data Analytics, embedded systems or Application Lifecycle Management a plus.
Job ID 1700014719