Software Engineer - Senior
Responsibilities• Possesses a thorough understanding and experience with design principals and concepts, software architecture in conjunction with the best practices of programming, and data architecture and enterprise integration
• Ensures work/code is documented and architectue/design principles are followed
• Determines hardware and infrastructure needed to develop and support applications
• Configures infrastructure including set up and administration of databases and servers and makes sure infrastructure is properly maintained
• Ensures valid infrastructure and any custom application security are in place.
• Communicates needs, obstacles, and expectations effectively to supervisors.
• Contributes to and follows project plans, upholding aggressive delivery cycles.
• Balances multiple concurrent projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Works assigned support rotations, ensuring work is properly transitioned, and fulfills published service levels.
• Initiates and participates in process improvement dialogues
• Supports applications/solutions, ensures service levels and client satisfaction are met
• Mentors lower levels of Software Engineers
• Works effectively with other team members.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A fundamental understanding of web application environments and development tools.
• A solid understanding of Object-Orient Programming (OOP) principles.
• A solid understanding of relational databases.
• 4-6 years’ experience on Microsoft development languages and patterns – e.g., .NET 3.x+, C#, ASP.NET MVC 3+, ASP.NET Web Forms, Entity Framework 5+.
• 4-6 years’ experience with MS SQL Server development – e.g., data modeling, stored procedures, functions, jobs.
• 4-6 years’ experience in enterprise software development life-cycle.
• 4-6 years’ of work experience in an analytical role identifying and solving problems.
Strong Functional, Analytical, and Technical Skills
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach for other positions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to 20% travel may be required.
• Bachelors degree or a fifth-year college or university program certificate in Computer Science or related field
• Four (4) years related experience and/or training as described above; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.