In this role, you will experience both agile software development and testing. The majority of software development is being done in C#, xml, and some understanding of automated unit testing and writing automated unit tests will make you a stronger candidate! If you join our team, you will work with a small, collaborative group within our larger Research and Development division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in writing software requirement specifications
- Participate in project planning and estimation
- Create and implement software designs
- Participate in software verification and validation processes (incl. code reviews, unit testing)
- Understand hardware and software interactions.
- Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- 2 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience developing Windows GUI applications
- Knowledge and experience with object oriented languages (e.g., C++, C#, Java, Delphi)
- Knowledge and experience developing on current Windows operating systems
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE for development
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience using design/architectural patterns
- Experience using SQL and SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Experience creating component-based software architectures
- Experience with automated unit testing (e.g., MSTest, NUnit)
- Experience using UML modeling tools (e.g., Enterprise Architect, Microsoft Visio)
- Experience with communication protocols and computer networking
- Familiarity with the electrical power systems industry
- Project management