As a member of the next generation intrusion prevention system team, candidate will research software & network vulnerabilities and develop detection logic. Working very closely with development team & otherthreat researcher you will strengthen F5’s securitytechnology offerings.
- Research zero-day & well-known vulnerabilities and develop detection signature
- Protocol analysis for compliance validation
- Reverse engineer software & network to discover new threats & evasion techniques
- Analyze research paper & existing threat detection signature to provide recommendation
- Program to figure out effectiveness & performance of newly developed threat detection logic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of publicly disclosed CVE, exploit techniques and attacks
- Strong knowledge of network protocols like TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, FTP etc.
- Experience in threat detection signature development
- Software development experience in Python is a must. C/C++ would be a plus.
- Experience in analyzing network traffic, software debugging tools
- Good team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience