Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
You are a skilled software engineer who enjoys security and/or privacy work and is an expert in systems security, applications security, networksecurity, data protection and infrastructure privacy, cryptography or automated malware analysis. You are a security and/or privacy researcher who thrives on addressing real world problems and likes to code.
In this role, you will focus on security or privacy for components of our systems, such as client devices, networking equipment and server infrastructure, with an emphasis on threats from all sources. You will be building large-scale systems to protect Google's users including, for example, hardening our core infrastructure, detecting intrusion attempts, or preventing malware across various platforms.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Design and apply advanced security techniques.
- Develop advanced security and cryptographic systems.
- Build large-scale detection systems.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in applications security, cryptography, networksecurity, systems security or malware analysis.
- MS or PhD degree in computer science.
- 4 years of experience designing and implementing software systems in Java, C, C++ and/or Python, including experience designing security solutions for operating systems and distributed systems.