Our team builds the core software that powers AMD's Radeon GPUs and APUs for desktop and mobile devices. The C/C++ driver code written by our engineers is at the heart of an incredibly complex software stack used by millions world-wide. We are experts in software and hardware, always challenged, never pigeonholed, and are fundamental to every AMD graphics product, feature, and driver. As our team continues to grow, we're looking for a passionate, dedicated, and creative leader to step in to the role of Section Manager and be part of the management team that sets and executes our strategy in delivering bleeding edge graphics products and driver software for years to come.
As part of the greater Base Graphics organization, KMD Solutions is an international team, based in Markham, responsible for developing the feature sets that differentiate AMD graphics products in the Gaming, ProGfx, and Client/APU markets. This includes:
- Bring-up of AMD graphics products, such as Radeon 5700XT, W5500, and Microsoft Surface 3 Laptop
- Development of differentiating software feature sets in the Windows Graphics Kernel, such as Adrenalin 2020
- Working with Microsoft to introduce graphics driver support for the latest Windows operating systems
- Delivering AMD's Adrenalin and Enterprise web-post drivers for with a focus on enhancing security, performance, power, and stability
- Manage a team of 5-10 kernel software engineers
- Interface with senior management, PMs, Release Management, QA, and other development teams to scope, staff, and execute projects and programs
- Identify, implement, and optimize goals, processes, and strategies for the team
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff to advance to higher levels through 1:1s, performance reviews, team building, etc.
- Participate in hiring and recruitment of full-time and intern engineers
- Monitor and report team status
- Drive brainstorming sessions, post-mortems, critical issues, and other activities
- Administer company policies and manage the day-to-day operations of the team
- Contribute to the scoping, design, development, and test of Software Engineering projects, as applicable
- Is a proven leader, with a track record of successful execution and mentorship
- Is a great communicator and collaborator with initiative, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
- Can surmount the steepest learning curves
- Is a proven C++ programmer and understands Object-Oriented design
- Has some experience with at least one of the following:
- Very large code bases
- Kernel debugging and driver development
- Hardware programming and bringup
- Operating systems and computer architecture
- GPU graphics/compute APIs: Vulkan, Open CL/GL, DirectX, DirectCompute, etc.
- Understands AMD's customers, products, and ecosystem
- Has at least 5 years experience in Software Engineering, preferrably in (kernel) driver development
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science