Purpose of Job:
Non-Retail Risk Systems provides the project, change, & development management and services of non-retail enterprise risk systems to support the Global Risk Management (GRM) business lines.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Software Engineer will be involved in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including feasibility studies, research, analysis, development, and testing for new systems or enhancements to existing medium to large initiatives.
To join our team, the incumbent must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, be adaptable to a high-paced environment, and thrive on challenge.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Designing, implementing and refactoring code (ASP.NET).
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Ensure software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
- Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing software.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience developing real-time applications in .NET for enterprise clients.
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: ASP.NET
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful services, good knowledge of HTTP specifics.
- Knowledge of most common software design patterns.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with big data platforms (Hadoop, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
- Good knowledge of various networking protocols and terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
- Experience working with scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell).
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Financial and Credit Risk / Loss experience
Requisition ID: 17586