- Design and implement embedded systems firmware / PC software applications.
- Develop applications in Windows/Linux environments.
- Participate on new product development teams.
- Participate in preparation of specifications.
- Write test plans and conduct design tests.
- Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
- Review data sheets and instruction manuals.
- Mentor Associate Engineers and technicians.
- Follow and improve processes.
- B.S. in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years post-college embedded systems firmware / PC application development experience
- Experience in analog, digital, and microprocessor subsystem design
- Software development including:
- Embedded systems firmware development
- Multi-threaded/concurrent processes
- Object Oriented software in C++ or C#
- Strong- skills with modern object oriented design approaches
- Human Centered Design approach
- Strong writing, documentation and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience with electric utility relays and telecommunications.
- Familiarity with 3-phase electric power systems.
- Experience with Digital and analogcircuitry.
- Experience with Digital communication and signal processing.
- Project management.