Santa Clarita, CA
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 27 days ago
Details: A Software Engineer job in Santa Clarita, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you may be responsible for developing embedded software, user interface software, regression tests, hardware-in-the-loop integration tests, control system development tools, database systems, operating systems, compilers, interpreters and device drivers. Software engineers perform work requiring the application of standard engineering principles, practices, procedures and evaluation criteria in conjunction with appropriate software and compliance standards. Responsibilities may include design solutions/implementation, test creation/execution and/or general support. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar Computer Science, and at least one year of experience in software development and/or verification.
Software Engineer Job duties:
• Design, support and test of low to moderate complexity software systems and modules
• Develop and facilitate execution of test plans, address issues using sound engineering approaches
• Gather, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes
• Preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation and other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments
• Active participant in engineering technical reviews. Guide/direct technicians, interns, or possibly a Level 1 Software or Software Verification Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar Computer Science
• At least one year of experience in software development and/or verification.
• Solid engineering knowledge, solid software design and verification aptitude
• Solid understanding of software engineering lifecycles, solid problem solving & troubleshooting skills and analytical calculation skills